Managed Service Providers (MSPs) provide IT management services to businesses on a proactive, ongoing basis. They play a critical role in defending businesses against cybersecurity threats.
$10.3 Billion in Losses to Cyber Attacks Last Year
American businesses and individuals were hit with $10.3 billion in losses to cybercriminals in 2022 (source: FBI Internet Crime Report 2022). Cybersecurity is one of the most critical and pressing issues of our time. With our reliance on the internet for economic activity, the risk of data breaches and other cyber threats is rising exponentially. Ransomware, identity theft and phishing are just a few examples of the constantly evolving list of cyber crimes.
Cyber crime will grow, making cybersecurity a priority for businesses and organizations. How can your business attain PEACE OF MIND amid heightened cybersecurity threats?
The Role of MSPs
MSPs offer options to ensure your company’s cyber safety. Here are just a few of them:
- Network security: Protection of computer networks requires a multi-level approach. Protective technologies include firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPSs), and virtual private networks (VPNs). An attacker should be confronted with multiple layers of defense.
- Endpoint security: By endpoint is meant a device such as a laptop, smartphone or tablet. Protection includes installing antivirus and anti-malware software, as well as implementing policies for device usage and security.
- Cloud security: MSPs can ensure that cloud-based systems are secure and properly configured. This may involve implementing access controls and permissions for cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Compliance and risk management: MSPs can help businesses comply with relevant regulations and standards for data protection and cybersecurity. They can conduct risk assessments and develop security policies and procedures. MSPs can also provide training to employees on best practices for data security.
- Cost savings: MSPs can offer cost-effective solutions for managing your cybersecurity. Your business or organization can avoid the cost of hiring and training an in-house cybersecurity team. You pay for only the services you need and when you need them.
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and a few minutes of cyber-incident to ruin it.”
Getting Help against Cyber Threats
Utilizing the services of an MSP for cybersecurity offers numerous advantages to any organization. By outsourcing responsibility to a third-party provider, organizations can focus on their core business activities while leaving the cybersecurity management to the experts.
The convenience of using an MSP for cybersecurity makes it a smart choice for any business looking to protect themselves from cyber threats.
Powered by over 40 years of IT experience, Custom Technical Consultants has kept up with cutting-edge technologies to help you navigate today’s fast-paced economy.
Let our technical staff at Custom Technical Consultants team up with your organization to provide the security and peace of mind that your organization deserves.